Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Mid-Summer Night's Virus

There's nothing like being stuck-in sick, on a hot August day. Apparently a series of viruses have been taunting the isles and it seems as though it's my turn to get hit. On a plus side, last night my fever permitted me to sleep under the comfort of a thick, heavy quilt, despite the heat of 40 degree weather.

Speaking of quilts and cold, I feel it adequate to mention that I shall be moving to Belgium for the rest of the summer. I find myself rather excited about this as, despite it only being for a short amount of time, the experience will still offer some sort of independence from my day-to-day routine, as well as a break from all the unbearable heat on this god-forsaken island- And it will certainly cough up some new encounters.

Back to the main reason of this fairly useless post. The following sum up the activities, or lack there-of, carried out on a day like this.


BREAKFAST;

After spending the first half of the morning trying to make up for all the sleep i failed to get last night, I finally rolled out bed and reviewed some interesting articles found on the latest issue of British Vogue, alongside a hot espresso. Sick or not, coffee remains a bare necessity.

LOL - VOGUE 0812 - P 164


LUNCH;

Viruses are known for their ability to suppress the appetite, so the only thing I consumed for lunch was an interesting film directed by David Cronenberg, called A Dangerous Method. While I found Keira Knightley's acting stirring, to say the least, her accent failed to impress. None of the accents did, actually. A good watch, nonetheless, which touches lightly upon various psychological and socio-analytical aspects.


Knightley and Fassbender - Doctor and Patient

TEA;

Resorted back to my sleeping quarters after making a spot of tea so as to continue planning my upcoming travels.

Finally pecked at a small piece of chocolate cake.

List of clothes and shoes on a brown paper bag, ticket sitting next to it.

DINNER;

The remaining part of the eve is to be spent sketching and finishing off this post which, thanks to some astounding procrastination skills, I have now been typing out for the past hour and a half- if not longer.


Self-explanatory.

Well, that pretty much sums everything up. The time having come for my next dose of analgesics, I'll wind down to the next film on today's list; Patagonia (Evans - 2010).


I leave you with a picture of the sun as it sets behind my window,

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment